Thursday, March 12, 2009

Distraction

Spending 99% of my time with all of my kids, I am a MASTER of distractions. Distracting the kids so they don't get in to something, cause trouble, fight, etc. The educational word is to "redirect". Whatever.

:-)

I have found that when I "distract" myself, or REDIRECT my attention while I am on the treadmill, it really does completely get your mind off of, "Ugh.......how much longer? How far have I gone?" This gym has 12 TV's going at the same time. Plug in your headphones, punch what channel you want to listen to, then stare at that particular screen. I am in LOVE with the comedy channel this week. I know I've already mentioned this, I don't have Alzheimer's, I'm just really excited! I think I'm going to get episodes of things I can watch on my iPhone. That way I am watching EXACTLY what I want, AND, there's no commercials. I HATE COMMERCIALS!!!

My training regimen (fancy way of saying getting my butt in gear, eh?) is 1 and 4's this week. I was able to do 8 sets, so 40 minutes total. One minute running, 4 minutes walking.

I would get to listening to a comedian and look down and realize I had run for one and a half minutes! Wow!

So, let's just hope I can keep this up! Next week come the 2 minute sets. I think I can, I think I can!!

************************************

EATING

I have really watched my food consumption for breakfast and lunch by making wise choices. Dinner I have left alone for now. I'm afraid if I change EVERYTHING all at once I'll get burned out quickly.

1 comment:

Oinkstop said...

Good for you! I'm glad you are sticking with it.