Saturday, August 18, 2007

Two Points

Point One

I need to create a consistent weigh in for my weight loss blog. Unconsciously I have been posting only when there's a loss! HA! I see how some of you are so regimented with your weigh-in's I guess I should join that band-wagon too.

I think I'll put it on TUESDAY since I began my weight loss journey on Tuesday, May 8, 2007.


Point Two

As I was walking our dog last night, I realized something....TWO somethings really. The first thing I noticed is that my shorts don't ride up when I walk like they used to. Something that has ALWAYS annoyed the BAJEEBEEZ out of me. It's not completely gone, but almost! This is something I never thought about! Ahhhh....an added incentive in loosing weight.......no wedgies! haa

And the second thing I noticed was that my arms don't hit the fat around my arm pits. Follow me here........really, it's the fat just below my armpit and toward my back. This is something that has annoyed me FOREVER, and actually, it was the first sign, back when weight started creeping on, that I noticed! Wearing good bras or sport bras never helped either. So, I guess I just had to get rid of it. It's not completely gone, but almost! To the point I can tell a big difference!

4 comments:

dodo said...

Sounds like definite signs of progress, Shannon.
Hey! I saw my blog linked on your list. Wow! My first ever! Thanks.
This morning I put on a clean pair of jeans, and they don't hurt! (14 Petite...but they may be "loose fit" or some such) I've not had them on since this past Winter.

We need to feed on positive encouraging 'milestones' instead of on-well, you know.

Anonymous said...

My weigh ins are on Tuesday too and yes, you should make yourself report in on your blog whether you lost or gained. It keeps you motivated through the week.

*ccc* said...

Yup, yup...a consistent weigh-in definitely helps.

And you know what helps even more? Seeing little bits of progress like the ones you're seeing.

Last night, I actually noticed my thighs...not rubbing together as much as they used to. I mean, they still do in a spot, but it's a smaller spot. I almost started jumping up and down. But I would've scared the cat.

Here's to more little moments like these that keep us going!!!!

Shannon said...

Ash...glad I was the first one to add you to my list! I'm sure you'll be on lots before too long. YEAH for comfy jeans out of the dryer!!! In my opinion, that's HUGE progress! Go Ash! And yes, positive is EVERYTHING right now. :-)

Sarah...glad to see we share a weight in day!

CCC---good for you for not scaring the cat! haha Too funny.