Friday, August 10, 2007

Kicked Another one.......

I was able to drop another pound today! The scale just smiled at me and said, "180".

I have been CRAVING salad over the past few months. It's crazy........I bet I could eat a salad everyday. AND, I'm in a BLUE CHEESE mode. If I eat a salad, it has blue cheese. Crumbled Danish Blue Cheese to be exact. A year ago I would have told you, "GROSS!! You like blue cheese?"

On a random note, for those of you who might be looking for something different to add to your plate at night, try this. I went by the deli in our grocery store and had two pieces of seasoned turkey cut (1 inch think for each piece). I took it home, plopped it in the frying pan, added a little bit of Splenda brown sugar and a little bit of water and voila! It was very good. We threw some veggies on the side and dinner was served! Definitely not a gourmet meal, but it was REALLY good :-) Even our one year old enjoyed the corn on the cob.


Not a whole lot to report. The school year is coming back around again and I love it. Ever since I was a little kid I have loved the beginning of school because it meant new clothes, new school supplies, organizing (yes, I think I'm a tad OCD), and pretty much everything starting anew. Being a teacher, I was the same way, it was just on the other side of the coin. I LOVED it. Now, I am staying home with the kids and my husband teaches, so I get to see him go through all of this, however, he doesn't find the "new" thing as exciting :)

Our almost 4 year old son begins preschool. We had visitation day today and it was wonderful. Rumor has it that this preschool is one of the best preschools and so far it hits the mark. I am very excited for him, and in turn, he reflects the excitement back at me. His first day is Monday. OH HOW FAST THEY GROW UP!!!

6 comments:

dancer-in-me said...

Congrats!! Next week you'll be in the 170's!! And what a CUTIE eating that corn. She is enjoying it.

dodo said...

Hi Shannon...congratulations. Another milestone reached.
A doctor once told me that losing weight should be easy in the Summertime, what with all the fresh veggies available. He didn't seem to understand about butter on the corn, bacon in the green beans, dressing on the salads....bless his heart.

Anonymous said...

I used to get JUST as excited about the new school year. We'd go and get our new supplies and then my sister and I would sit in our room and pretend to be in commercials for our new products. We were total dweebs!

*ccc* said...

Good for you!!!! Keep kicking those pounds to the curb...that is fabulous!

And I love love love the little lady and her corn. How Cute!

PS--And I'm another one of those 'Way into the new school supplies' people. Heck, even with my job I have to get new supplies at the start of the school year and let me tell you, I love it :) Even now!

Shannon said...

Dancer-in-me: WOW...the 170's Ahhhh....:-) Thanks for the compliment about my daughter...you know how to make a mommy smile :-)

Ash...Thanks for the congrats! As for your summer veggies...that cracks me up! My mom will say (and she's in her mid 70's), "I just don't get it...we eat right but I just can't seem to drop any pounds." This is being said as we are eating green beans with bacon grease, corn with TONS of butter, pork-n-beans with TONS of pork, etc. Yeah, your doctor's never had a TRUE southern meal, eh? HA!

Sarah and "CCC"- I am so glad I have found some fellow club members!! That is, ones that get excited about school! :-) Sarah, I think this commercial thing with your sister is a riot! You guys need to pass that down to your own kids...VERY funny.

Naturally Blessed said...

yay! for you! soo happy for you...you are !pounds! away from 200 now! wow!

thank you for your comment. i definitely need a hand to hold righ now.