Tuesday, May 15, 2007

YEAH BABY!!!

DOWN 3 POUNDS!! Yep, you read it right....down three this morning :-) That's a wonderful incentive to continue....

To continue avoiding fast food (my husband ate McDonalds last night for dinner...you think I didn't want those fries??? BUT, I didn't even look at them. Out of site out of mind, maybe??)

To continue trying to eat more healthily.

To continue exercising which is something for ME. This doesn't happen very often, if at all.

To continue setting a better example for my kids (and husband, I guess)

To continue doing something that makes me feel good about myself.

It's truly amazing how awful being overweight makes me feel.

I went grocery shopping today. It was my first BIG shopping spree since I began this. I had everything plotted out all the way down to having a grocery list printed from Excel, organized by isles (because I know Kroger that well! ha). Shopping healthy is expensive! I'm used to the .89 loaf of bread, instead, I have to buy a loaf for $3.89 because it's the only whole wheat bread I can tolerate. I did get some things to try so as these next 7 days roll by, I am going to comment on the items I purchased and let you know if I liked them or not, in addition to what they are.

No walking today.

Breakfast:
coffee/creamer/splenda
cream of wheat made w/ water and blueberries

Lunch:
PB&J (natural Peanut butter and sugar free jelly) on whole wheat
1/2 apple
pretzels w/ honey mustard to dip (very little)

Dinner:
Sesame Pork
WW Recipe 6 pts (this makes 4 servings)

Ingredients
2 TBSP sesame seeds
2 tsp canola oil
1 lb. boneless pork chops, cut into large bite size pieces
4 c. broccoli (I used fresh broccoli, could use frozen)
1/2 c. prepared stir-fry sauce

Instructions:
Stir sesame seeds in large skillet over high heat 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and reserve.

Heat oil in same skillet over high heat. Add pork and stir until browned.

Add broccoli and stir-fry sauce; cover and cook for 5 minutes.Toss with sesame seeds.

Special Notes: Could serve w/ rice, though we didn't.

Beverages today:
1 1/2 bottles of water
1 dt drink

No comments: