Sunday, May 27, 2007

Two french fries

I am an every day weigher. Some people weigh once a week...that's not enough accountability for me...I like looking at that scale every morning to see what it chooses to say (notice how I take on the silly student mentality and act as though I have NOTHING to do with it....just like a kid in school who says, "Mrs. So-in-so GAVE me a 78." Who earned that grade, mister???"---Definitely the teacher side of me coming out, eh?) BUT, I digress.

I am very ritualistic with it too....get up, potty, remove PJ's... voila...weight check. It really makes me wonder how on earth a body can fluctuate so much in a day. I have varied as much as three pounds!!! Pick up THREE POUNDS of anything, and you're telling me my body can actually gain and lose THAT much weight in any given 24 our period?? That's baffling to me. I also have noticed....

before I go on, bodily functions are going to be mentioned...if offended, move on... :-)

Bowel movements have something to do with it as well. DUH. It weighs something too. I guess my point is I'm one of those people that doesn't have to go very often, so when I do, it definitely shows up on the scales!! HA!!! Funny, but true :-) Enough of that....

So yesterday, I HAD to get out of the house. I had cabin fever so bad it was awful. Since both of my kids are somewhat feeling better I decided to go out and run a couple of errands. My son asked if we could eat at Mickey D's. I hesitated because.....well, for obvious reasons. FRENCH FRIES. CHEESE BURGER. BIG MAC. BUT, when we got there, I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich they have which was actually GREAT! I wiped off 3/4 of the mayo and really couldn't even eat but about 3/4 of it. I also got apples with it, even though I was DIEING for those awesome french fries. Here's a funny.......after I was finished, I went to put my garbage in the bag and I had a 'treat' in the bottom....two little french fries saying, "SHANNON, EAT ME!!!" So, I did :-)

Breakfast:
Coffee, FF creamer & splenda
Quaker Oatmeal- Apples and Cinnamon reduced fat and sugar
2/3 cup of milk in the oatmeal

No comments: