Sunday, May 27, 2007

My Mom

My mom is.......well, I'll just stick to the subject of dieting and food in regards to my mom. :-)

My mom always mentions weight about someone. And let me tell you, it's ALWAYS negative. Here are some comments that you WILL hear from my mom on any given day.

"S (one of my brothers) needs to loose weight. He's getting a big belly on him. He needs to loose that weight."

"Dad eats all the time. His belly is getting so big! He eats because he's bored. He'll go out just to buy some candy and eat the whole bag in one day!"

"You need to really watch your weight, Shannon. You are getting at the age that you need to be very careful with what you eat. You REALLY need to try to drop all of your weight because the older you get the harder it is to loose it."

"Look at that belly!"

Now, here's some more of her goofy comments that truly drive me insane. I have attempted to have conversations with her in the past about "proper eating". It's amazing to me what she thinks. She'll cook green beans and add 5 TBSP of BACON GREASE. I'll WATCH her do it, then later she'll say, "Oh it wasn't that much. It was barely a teaspoon. Besides, you HAVE to have SOME fat in your diet."

She herself should probably lose a little bit of weight but she's certainly not FAT by any means. I bet she's about 180 or so but I can never get her to fess up.

I guess I should say this...my mom is truly the most pessimistic person I have ever known or met. Even if there isn't a way to make something sound bad, she will. AND, if you are REALLY excited about something, she will have a way to make you feel awful by the end of the conversation. Drives me insane. Both of my brothers have learned to just listen and walk away...I am WAYYYYYYYYY too stubborn for that most of the time and end up fighting/arguing with her.

She also suffers from SEVERE panic attacks, which she has been dealing with since she was about 20 or so. BUT, that's another blog entirely!!

Is there a point to this post? I guess....it's more of a venting venue than anything. I get very much annoyed at her thought process and when I'm trying to lose weight inevitably I hear things that are NOT supportive at all. I guess that's why NO ONE knows I'm even doing this except for the readers of this blog. Not even really my husband. He doesn't even know this exists yet (the blog or the weight loss).

3 comments:

Oinkstop said...

I think our mothers were probably made by the same manufacturer. My mother, just like yours, finds a way to rain on everyone's parade.

jem said...

tt

Naturally Blessed said...

my boyfriend’s mom is like this....everyone she knows is not the appropriate weight...if you ask her how someone is doing,, the first thing she will comment on is that they are getting bigger or smaller by the day. she is constantly talking about her own weight...and is not shy in asking intimate details about my weight.

ugh! she drives me nuts!

it has only been recently that i have brought this sensitive topic up with LR...and he agrees with me....i imagine that there will need to be several more conversations about her if we proceed to get married.