Saturday, May 19, 2007

Ruff day...

Today I'm really not up for a post other than my food diary. We had to put one of our dogs to sleep this morning. That's tough....really tough.

I am down one pound this morning, so there's a glimpse of good news.

Breakfast:
Coffee w/ creamer & splenda

Lunch:
Lean Cuisine Pizza (3 meat)
few cherries
few pretzels

snack:
left over cherries from lunch
left over pretzels from lunch

dinner:
meatloaf (recipe below)
yellow corn
salad


2 bottles of water so far.


MAMA'S MEATLOAF (I got this off of the internet--It was really good! I cannot stand green peppers so I omitted that from the recipe. I also used whole wheat bread)

1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped green pepper
3 Tbsp. minced parsley
1 tsp. pepper
3/4 tsp. salt
1 large egg, beaten
1 slice white bread, torn into small pieces (or 1/3 cup bread crumbs)
1 1/2 pounds ground round
1/3 cup ketchup

Preheat oven to 350. Combine the onion, green pepper, parsley, ground pepper, salt,
egg, and bread crumbs until the crumbs are moist. Crumble beef over the onion
mixture and stir until just blended. Pack the mixture into a 9x5 loaf pan coated with
cooking spray. Spread ketchup over the top of the meatloaf. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or
until meat loaf registers 160 on a meat thermometer. Let stand in the pan for 10
minutes. Remove the loaf from the pan and cut into slices.

6 servings, 5 POINTS each

2 comments:

Oinkstop said...

So sorry to hear about your dog. Putting an animal down is always a hard thing to do, even if it is medically hopeless, and has to be done so that the animal doesn't suffer.

My sympathies to you and your family. It's always to lose someone you love, even when that someone is just a family pet.

Shannon said...

Thank you so much, Oinkstop. I really appreciate your comments and sympathies. I guess to me the most difficult part is having to make the decision, because ultimately when you say, "Ok" you are basically saying, "Kill my pet." Even though my MIND knows it was the right thing, my heart doesn't know that. He was my "first" child, so to speak. THEN I have to look at my 3 year old and try to explain it to him. Sometimes being an adult stinks.