Friday, May 18, 2007

A Great Way to Begin the Weekend

I went to the Y this morning with both kids. 3 1/2 year old boy and 10 month baby girl. JUST to get things together and get out of the house seems to take enough energy to burn a TON of calories! THEN, once you get there you have to distribute the kids to their appropriate destination...THEN, and only then can you work out! :-)

They offer an aerobics class called Zumba which was going on when we got there. It really looked fun! I hope if I keep walking for at least another month that I will be able to go and enjoy that class. (I don't think I could last 10 minutes in there right now and I don't want to be a wuss! ha!) They looked like they were dancing and having a ball. There were TONS of people in there so it must be a good class!

On a side note, I'm curious if exercise has an effect on sleeping? I have NEVER had a problem going to sleep, but here over the past two weeks, I have a boost of energy in the evening which makes it hard to wind down and go to sleep! So, for two nights in a row I was up until about midnight, then up by 6. The funny thing about it is that I haven't been tired??? Anyway, could be a coincidence, but I just find it odd.

EXERCISE TODAY:
I walked for 42 minutes at 3.0 burned 167 calories and walked 2.1 miles.

Breakfast:
Kashi Cinna-Raisin Crunch in a cup (dry)

Snack: Kashi Cherry/Choc. snack bar

Lunch:
PB&J (natural Peanut butter and sugar free jelly)
pretzels
4 white cheddar dorito chips (yes, I know but I couldn't resist)
small bowl of cherries

Dinner:
Lean Cuisine pizza (Roasted Garlic Chicken)
Lite & Fit Dannon Yogurt I added a handful of blackberries
Dessert: Keebler Mini Fudge Stripes 100 calorie pack

2 bottles of water so far

No comments: