Sunday, May 20, 2007

Man, changing habits is hard!

I don't know about you guys out there, but Sunday mornings are just INSANE at our house. Trying to get all four of us up and out the door for church is a ridiculous task....you would think that we would have developed a routine of sorts, but NOOOOOOOOO. I'm truly lucky to be able to gulp my coffee while I'm shoving baby food at my daughter, while commanding my son to finish his breakfast. We just got back and the morning seems like a whirl wind!

Now on to food things...we went out to eat after church at this old country restaurant (Couser's). Almost everyone there is over the age of 70! I LOVE IT! It's very good, inexpensive food and every older person stops to talk to the kids. It drives my husband insane, but I love it. I love old people so any opportunity to talk with them, I'll take!

However, at a food establishment like this, it's hard to order off of the menu because you have: BBQ, fried chicken, fried okra, mashed potatoes loaded with lord knows what, sweet tea (my absolute downfall) WHITE ROLLS!!(also my downfall). As you will read below with my daily food diary, I only gave in to the sweet tea. I realized next time I'm going to ask for unsweet tea and use the artificial sweetener...I didn't think about that until after the fact. CHANGING HABITS IS A VERY HARD THING TO DO!!!

Breakfast:
coffee w/ creamer & splenda
cup of Kashi crunch (dry) Ate it out of a cup, in the car, on the way to church.

Lunch:
small grilled chicken patty
green beans
small salad w/ regular ranch
sweet tea

Dinner:
Chicken Noodle soup (left overs from Wednesday)
3 HUGE strawberries

Snack: Quaker Granola bites (90 calorie snack pack)

3 bottles of water (9 oz each)

No comments: