Friday, May 25, 2007

Dad is GREAT!! Give us the Chocolate Cake!!

(This title is from Bill Cosby's "CAKE" routine. If you are not familiar with it, it's on his OLD "Bill Cosby Himself" standup.)

Not a lot to say today, really. Hubby is out of town so it's just me and the kiddos, both of which are sick--AGAIN. I did manage to begin the "cleaning sweep" that needs to be done before my daughter's first birthday (in one month). It's actually Spring Cleaning/Katie's b-day preparation :-) But nonetheless, the end result is still the same---WONDERFULLY CLEAN HOUSE.

On a WAY side note....I attempted to wash a few walls and realized THE PAINT WASHES OFF!!! What kind of moron would paint a wall with paint that washes off???? (Apparently the previous owners of our house---that's who!) It's not WATERCOLORS people?!?! So now I'm stuck....how do you clean off little finger smudges, dirt, etc. without washing off the paint?!!

When was the last time you washed your china?? Yeah, that's what I did most of the day today...dust, wash--CAREFULLY, put things back in their spot, organize like crazy....etc. As I was reorganizing the pantry there was one thing in particular that stared at me the entire time...an oooeee---gooey chocolate cake mix. LORD help me get through this day without whipping this cake up.......THEN, I found a cake set that my mom got me for Christmas, TWO YEARS AGO, that allows you to add fun things in the middle of cakes.....OH THE TEMPTATION!!! I abstained....very irritated about it, but I didn't do it. I wanted to...but I didn't. Oh boy did I want to :-)

Food Diary

Breakfast:
Coffee, FF milk, splenda
Kashi Go Lean Crunch w/ FF milk

Lunch:
Lean Cuisine 3 meat pizza
cherries
1/2 small container of no sugar applesauce

Snack:
Kashi Cinn. & Raisin w/ FF milk

Dinner:
Lean Cuisine Sweet & Sour Chicken
added a little lite mozzarella cheese

2 bottles of water

3 comments:

Oinkstop said...

We have the same kind of paint. Sadly, you can't wash it. All you can do is wash it off and repaint with oil-based paint.

Our living room is a mess because of this very same problem. We haven't repainted because of course doing that costs time and money.

jrb said...

Do those Magic-Clean erasers work on walls? I've heard they do wonders but I've never tried one. And how in the world are you getting that much cleaned with two children??? I'm impressed.

Shannon said...

Well whoever invented paint that goes on WALLS that washes off with water, should be shot! That's just stupid...AND, I'm with you OS (Oinkstop ;-) the financial side of having to repaint our living room also means the dining room because they bleed right into the other, not to mention the crazy high ceilings so we'd have to rent something to get 20 ft in the air! Too much money right now. Stupid people...

Jen, yeah those Magic Clean erasers work GREAT...that is... on walls where the PAINT DOESN'T WASH OFF WITH WATER!! (ok, I'm done complaining about that now...no, really...I am). If you ever need to clean something that is very stubborn, those things work great. I get the generic version and they work just as well. I cleaned the baseboards with them about two months ago and they shined like anything! It got off every scuff mark, etc.