Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Whew........

I'm sure glad that salt left my body............I LOVE how it tastes going in but it sure holds on to that water!!

Thankfully, I am down to 175 this morning :-)

My next little goal is hitting my 1/2 way mark, which is 5 more lbs.

Not a whole lot going on here. My routine is the same....spending a lot of time in the car running our 4 year old to and from preschool (*video below*), playing with our 14 month old daughter and all the other "stay at home" mom duties.

I'm not sure how the weather has been where you guys live, but this past weekend was AWESOME here! We had a taste of fall and now I'm DIEING for cool weather. Fall has always been my favorite season for so many reasons..........long sleeves, sweatshirts, jeans, hats, gloves, colorful leaves, cold noses, bus exhaust fumes....

Let me explain that one......

My brain connects fall with marching season. You see, band was my life in high school (and thereafter). We had (and still have) a very successful band program in high school. My entire life evolved around marching band. I was a section leader/field commander so I spent even more time around the band.....not that I minded at all! (I became a band director after all :-) Anyway, our band was so big it required tons of school buses or greyhound buses to get us to and from places. Not to mention the marching competitions on the weekends, where the parking lots were PACKED with school and greyhound buses, all giving off that wonderful smell of fall..........exhaust fumes :-) Ahhhhhhhhhh.........those are some of my fondest memories :-)

The weather is back up to the high 80's again, but I know fall is just around the corner!!!

I'm also ready for some good chili and soup!!! Any good "healthy" recipes you guys have for either of those?!?!

*******************
I was proud (but shocked!) to hear my 4 year old say this:


11 comments:

dancer-in-me said...

Good JOB!! And yes it has been nice having a taste of fall like weather here. I am loving it. I also was in a marching band in high school!

Anonymous said...

Yay for the loss :) I am trying to just make that 25 lbs mark at 176, but 177 is holding on strong. Hmmm... it wouldn't let me watch the video.

dancer-in-me said...

I just watched the video. How cute is that!!!

Shannon said...

Dancer-in-me: It's nice to know we share marching band!! Were you a musician or colorguard?

Shannon: Not sure why the video wouldn't work for you....maybe try later if you care to. Maybe it's a blogger thing?!

As for the video I posted, I was just SHOCKED to hear this! My husband about fell over when he heard him say it, as did I :-)

Anonymous said...

I am SOOOO glad to hear that the calories I try and stay around are the same as yours! I had a lot of people say I wasn't eating enough :) You are a great comparission since we seem to be built the same and at almost the same spot in our weight loss. Although, you have already hit the 25lb mark and I am jealous!!

dodo said...

You're doing so well!
My dial-up is useless with videos, but that's a cute li'l feller in the pic.

dancer-in-me said...

I played flute. :)

Naturally Blessed said...

awwwwe. that was really cute! and he didnt even stumble over the most common words to stumble over. you must be soo proud!

i was in marching band too! played clarinet. i declined the section leader bc i wanted to work a part time job too and knew there was no way to make it work.

cool!....i love the fall too. tis my favorite time of year!

Matt said...

Hi Shannon. Glad you commented on my blog. I love the fall also - still good weather, lots of color. Where I live, no snow in winter, but lots of rain.

Grumpy Chair said...

What a smart little 4 year old!

I make chili with very lean ground beef. Instead of browing, I boil it, drain and rinse in very hot water. The beef takes on a chili meat texture when you boil it.

Also, white chili is low-fat and full of fiber.

Anonymous said...

I could finally see the video, he is too cute!!!