Thursday, June 28, 2007

Still going strong

Nothing has changed really. I'm still eating a lot less, trying not to be hungry, which I am successful most of the time. Weight is slowly coming off, bit by bit. I am now at that irritating stage that NONE of my clothes FIT. They are all too big, some very noticeably. I WANT to get them taken in, but if I keep this weight loss up, I don't want to spend the money on fixing old clothes when I can just tolerate it for now then buy new ones in the end! :-) Obviously, if I HAVE to I guess I will but for now, I'll just suffer.

The biggest thing I notice is that the belly doesn't sag so much. I know w/ 2 c-sections under my belt (okay, VERY bad pun...:-) it makes it a little worse, but for the most part, I think I'll be able to get my stomach back to some form of normalcy. At least that's my goal!

I am getting bored with eating chicken, I can definitely say that. I am also getting a tad bored of salmon, which is just about the ONLY thing I get, other than chicken, when we go out and eat. I'm going to have to make some changes quick before I end up eating a HUGE steak or something :-)

On a side note, I ate a chocolate chip cookie today........holy cow it tasted good. REEEEEALY good. I wish I could eat broccoli and feel that way!!! Why is our brain wired this way? The obvious answer is that we have trained it to be that way.....I guess I have a lot of work to fix my "wiring", eh??

1 comment:

Naturally Blessed said...

oh i understand.....my first meal "offplan" last week was grilled tilapia and fries. they were the most delicious fries ever! Gosh! i can taste them now.......

and man, oh man, was i sick of lean protein the other week. chicken, chicken, chicken....nothing but chicken with an occasional turkey breaat thrown in......so monotonous. last nite i tried meatloaf...a recipe from my program. i used 97% lean ground beef. it was a dry as eating a sock. but it wasn't chicken. :)