Tuesday, May 8, 2007

A New Beginning

I have made a personal decision to begin a weight loss regimen that will take me down to a much healthier weight, regardless of what I have to do to get there. I am tired of being overweight. I have been at the point for some time now. I no longer feel good about what I look like, which in turn affects everything and everyone around me. I want to become disciplined enough to do this for myself because I deserve it. I want to be able to run and play with both of my children and not get tired. I want to feel good about myself and feel the confidence I had many years ago.

Please follow along with me as I begin this grueling process of losing weight.

For my benefit, I will journal every morsel of food that goes in my mouth until I get things right.

Beginning thoughts:

I hate non-fat foods. They, almost always, taste awful to me. Non-fat cheese is like eating cardboard. My goal is to be able to create food menus that have taste, not a lot of fat, and will allow my husband to eat without running the other direction.

I am also a carb lover. Wheat pastas are awful. I will try anything once. Wish me luck.

I also love bread. I have discovered that Pepperidge Farm has a white whole wheat bread that I actually like. THIS IS GOOD!

Some fat free dressings are ok. Lots of low-calorie dressings are ok as well.

I am a big fan of potatoes

I love diet drinks

I love fruit--all of it!

I love some veggies...broccoli, potatoes, carrots, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, banana peppers, spinach (depending on how it's fixed)

I cannot tolerate mushrooms, bell peppers, slimy tomatoes,


Here are my stats as of May 8, 2007
Height: 5’5”
Beginning weight: 198

Clothing sizes:
Shirts 14/16
Pants 18

Food Diary for Shannon

May 8, 2007

Breakfast:
Coffee w/ creamer & splenda
1 cup dry cereal (honey nut cheerios)

Lunch:
6” tuna sub on Italian Herb & Cheese bread w/ cheese, lite mayo, spicy mustard, onions, olives, lettuce, tomato (ate about 2/3’s of it)
Dt. Coke
Baked Lays chips

Dinner:
2 cups Raisin Bran Crunch
1 cup 2% milk
2/3 cup chopped up strawberries

snack: 1 1/2 cups of 2% chocolate milk

1 cup of popcorn

Total water consumed: 1 bottle.

EXERCISE
30 minutes walking on the treadmill @ the Y
147 calories burned
1.4 miles walked

By the way, going to the Y entailed taking both children (10 months & 3 1/2 years).

No comments: