Monday, July 30, 2007

Good Food!

I still am irritated at whoever is to blame for allowing our taste buds to develop a love for fudge, chocolate, coconut pie, BBQ, ribs, white bread, creamed corn, chips, dip, baked beans and anything else you can imagine that would be at a family reunion weekend! :-)

My irritation falls on myself, mostly (I GUESS) because I could eat an entire bag of chips with a good dip....in about 30 minutes, followed by a good, ooey, gooey brownie that's so thick and moist it almost sticks to the roof of your mouth.

So, all those foods pretty much sums up what I had to eat Friday night and all day Saturday. As I have said several times before already, I wish my taste palate would love broccoli, lettuce w/o heavy dressing, tomatoes, etc. I did really well at eating VERY small amounts of all of this stuff, which put me hungry most of the time but I dealt with it. As I told a friend of mine the other day, I have almost developed this person in my head that takes no crap.......meaning this....if I think, "Man, I'm hungry." This voice will say, "SO WHAT FOOL. Eating this kind of stuff is what got you fat in the first place. Keep your mouth shut and deal with it." So I walk away thinking, "OK." :-)

The scale hasn't budged in either direction and I'm okay with that.....for now. I LIGHTLY indulged myself to some REEEEEEEEEEEEALY good food this past weekend so as long as their wasn't a gain, I'm okay.

Did anyone notice my weight loss?

YESSSSSS! With this question, "Are you dieting?" My response was this, "Not so much dieting, as changing the way I eat." She is a nurse so she knows the ins and outs of health. I looked down at the table in front of us and smiled at her and said, "THIS SUCKS." I thought she was going to bust a gut laughing so hard. :-)

Also, Friday I took our one year old in for her next round of shots and one of the nurses there is a sister of a very good friend of mine. She saw me and said, "You're looking good, Shannon! I can tell!" Now, whether or not she was coaxed by her sister (my friend---and you know who you are J. :-) I'm not sure.......but either way, it did begin to hit me, maybe I am reaching that point in weight loss that people MIGHT begin to tell. It's a little sad to think it takes more than 20 pounds to loose to get to this point, but hey, when you have an extra 60+ pounds hanging on you, I guess it's not so easy to tell at first.

6 comments:

jrb said...

HOORAY!!! I didn't tell her a thing!!! She noticed all by herself :):)

*ccc* said...

Good for you on so many levels...on losing, on doing well at the reunion, at hearing compliments.

Kudos all around!

Shannon said...

JRB---That's good to hear! Of course, almost every time I take the kids into the office for a visit, I have a hat on, no make up, etc. This time, I had other obligations that day so I was all "dolled up" so that could have been part of it! haha

CCC---Thank you for your kind words!

dodo said...

I can remember when I didn't care for salads, back in my 20's and 30's. Suddenly in my 40's I developed a taste for romaine, raw carrots, celery, and the like. Now if I don't have salad one day, I actually miss it.
We do change as we age, and it can be surprising!
--Ash

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shannon said...

You know what I hate, tremendously?!?!?! SPAM. You know what I hate even more?!?!? COMMENTS ON MY BLOG THAT ARE SPAM!!!

Sorry I had to add the word verification....I guess it's like a security system on blogs. Bleh.