Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Found it

I found a place here in our town that does those meals in packages that I mentioned in one of my recent posts. The only problem is the nutrition info! HOLY COW! Some aren't that bad....here's an example of a "good" one:



Chicken Piccata Servings: 6 (1 breast w/sauce) Calories: 150 Fat: 2g Fiber: 0g Protein: 27g Carbs: 4g Sodium: 340mg Sugar: 0g Transfat: 0g

They have several options as to how many meals you can get at a time. For a 4-6 person serving, and you get 6 of those, that's $132. Not bad for $5.50 a person, depending on how much you eat.

We may try this out. I'll keep you posted!

FYI, here's one that's BAD.


Beef and Asparagus Cordon BleuServings: 6 (1 cordon bleu per serving) Calories: 370 Fat: 27g Fiber: 2g Protein: 27g Carbs: 4g Sodium: 490mg Sugar: 1g Transfat: 0.5g

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a good thing they have the nutrition information available for you to see! That is a lot cheaper then the one out here... and I drove by it last night it is calle A Dinner Affair. Keep us posted on how it turns out!! Thanks for you suggestions for my dinner tonight. I will be heading for that salad and hopefully they will have some veggies as well :)

And a comment on your previous post... That would have broken my heart if I saw that poor little girl. It is so sad that someone that young is already worried about there weight and to the point of self destruction.

dancer-in-me said...

I have been interested in this. I was wondering how much. Too much I think for me, but I really like the concept. I love to cook, but since I am not a sahm any more, I am too pooped to cook. Which isn't good for my weight loss.

Congrats on the loss! You are rockin it girl.

Matt said...

Why is it that the bad ones always seem to look better than the good ones, and usually taste better

*ccc* said...

That piccata actually looks good! I'll take yummy chicken over Asparagus anything anyday!

And I too, think it's fabulous that they share the nutritional information...more food services, restaurants, etc. should do the same!

Moby Dick said...

Looks good!

Anonymous said...

Hope you're having a good week haven't seen you on in a while!

Anonymous said...

Hey Shannon! Just checking in on you. How is everything going?!

Chubby Chick said...

Hi, Shannon! I'm just popping in to say "hi!" Hope to hear from you soon! :)

Naturally Blessed said...

interesting service....

i see you havent been around much either. hope all is well with you!

come back soon!

dancer-in-me said...

where are u!!

Anonymous said...

Ok! If I have to look at your page and see "found it" pop up one more time, I am going to scream...where are you? I need updates! :)