Friday, September 7, 2007

Un-official weigh in

I just couldn't resist sharing I hit the 25 pound mark this morning!! YEAH ME! :-) I have lost 25 pounds so far! Whew.........I feel like I've been doing this forever......and in actuality, I guess I have....well, since May 8, and that's a long time!

We had my son's 4th b-day party this past weekend and lots of people noticed I have lost weight. It made me feel good to hear them say things like, "Wow! You've lost a lot of weight!" or "You're looking really good!" So, I guess I've reached that point of people noticing, which is really nice.

The one thing that DRIVES ME IN SANE is the question of, "Are you on a diet?" I'm not sure why......I'm kind of quirky that way, meaning, some things just get on my nerves quicker than others and that question is one of MY PERSONAL pet peeves. Why? Because I don't look at it as a diet. It's just food choices. That's it. I'm not stuffing my face with sweets and fats all day long, and guess what gang? YOU LOSE WEIGHT! DUH. Anyway, sorry to hit on a negative here but that is a big pet peeve of mine :-)

My response to them was, "No, actually, I've just changed my eating habits." Jokingly I would say, "Anything my husband eats, I don't." Maybe at some point soon, I'll get him on board so he can lose some weight too. He needs to, but just doesn't want to yet and until he reaches that point of WANTING to....well, you know the story.....he won't! :-)

Here's our big boy riding in a go kart with his Uncle Drew :-) We took him to a put-put/go kart place for his birthday. I thought I would share a picture :-)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

THATS AWESOME!!!! Congrats on the loss.

Naturally Blessed said...

AHHHHH!!!!

me screaming in joy and jubilation!

wow...25 lbs! i am doing my best to catch up...lets see monday if i do. ;)

thats got to feel great: getting those comments. i imagine it adds more fuel to the fire to keep you motivated. *smile*

dodo said...

At that rate, you'll be down where I am before I'll be down where I'd like to be :) Way to go, Shannon!

dancer-in-me said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for you. I am close behind you. I am with you on it being very annoying that people ask you what's your diet. I try too to not think of it as a diet. It has to be a life long commitment for me.

Anonymous said...

Awww congrats on hitting that monumental moment! Well done!

On a not so fun note I feel kind of bad for your husband for having to be the butt of your fat jokes just because it irks you when people ask if you're on a diet. It must make him feel like a big fat schlub when you say that. You may want to re-think that part but who knows maybe it doesn't bother him at all. But if he was losing weight and saying that about you, wouldn't it hurt your feelings?

Well done again on your 25 pound loss! You're an inspiration to lots of people and hopefully your husband too.

Shannon said...

You guys are so awesome! Thanks for being such a great cheerleading section! :-) HUGS to all of you!!

Lady T, you got it....it's definitely added GOOD fuel to the fire! Great way to put it.

Ash & Dancer In Me-- I callenge you to beat me!!! I DARE YOU! (as if we are in m.s.) Do I need to say I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU?!?! HA!!!

And Sarah H...thank you for being so sweet to look out for my husband. No, he's never the BRUNT of any fat jokes. I'm not that kind of a person. I immediately asked him this morning after reading him your comment and he said he didn't take it that way at all. In fact, I had to refresh his memory of what I was even talking about. He knows I don't have a malicious heart whatsoever. I would never say something to hurt his feelings intentionally.
What I meant by my comment was that my food choices are completely opposite of his, therefore, anything he eats, I don't, which is fact. He drinks Coke & Mt. Dew like it's going out of style...I drink water or diet. He chooses really heavy meal choices and rich desserts, I don’t. He admittedly LOVES to eat good food way too much to change his habits right now. He’s open about it and couldn’t care any less about his image/appearance. He’s very content being who he is, and as his wife, I know this. I made sure I didn’t offend him and if I did, trust me, he’s just like me, he would tell me :-)

All right ladies, the callenge is on! :-)

*ccc* said...

Yay for milestone losses and yay for your big boy riding in his go-kart!

How fun!!

Christine said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Much appreciated. Our little blogger community makes it easier for me to stay on track - take the time to look thru my buddy list - you will gain alot of strength for sure.

You've made amazing progress lady! So proud of you. I need to take a page from your life and get back into high gear.

I am not a pug owner - but sure want to be. :)

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog. Made me chuckle - same name, same start weight, same height.... You are a few pounds ahead of me on your loss. Keep up the great work!!!!