Monday, August 6, 2007

My Belly


Nothing like getting straight to the point, eh? :-)

I am getting a little aggravated with one thing but before I tell you more about it let me say I am VERY happy with how things are going with my weight loss. I am not a pessimist by any stretch of the imagination and my weight loss is no different. I know it's pretty simple math---calories in vs. calories out and I'm very conscious of everything that goes in my body. Anyway, with that being said, I'm going to complain about something today.

As I have already said, MY BELLY.

My belly annoys me. A LOT. I'm not sure if it's because I gained a lot of weight while pregnant with my first child, which maybe stretched out my entire stomach or what. I had another child over a year ago and REALLY watched everything about that pregnancy (weight gain). I did a great job but I'm thinking maybe I stretched things really far out of whack?

Here's the scary details....for those of you that know me personally.......you might want to stop reading here because it might be too much information to look me in the eye again :-) haha

My belly has a little "hanging" going on and I contributed it to my pregnancies, however, I read on Pasta Queen's blog that she did the pencil test. (Let me say here that, yes, I did the pencil test and it fell to the floor :-) I don't believe Pasta Queen has children, so maybe my belly "hanging" isn't from pregnancies. In support of this, I see women all the time that have had children and their bellies look flat and don't have "hanging" going on (J, you are a perfect example). I'm guessing that when I lose all of my weight, most of my belly hanging will go away!?!? I also know from TONS of reading that you cannot pinpoint weight loss, meaning you cannot do sit ups for it to help lose belly hanging. All the fat has to go away first, which is what I am losing. I just hope it takes the belly along with it.

Part two of this is clothing. My butt and hips are comfortably in a size 14, however, my stomach is in an 18. I have a pair of Spanx which does help "put things in place" but it's weird how my body works. It's like this.....I'll put the Spanx on and the fat is pushed up over the top.....like an over filled muffin tin!!! HA!!! I like muffins and all.....but I don't like LOOKING like one

So, my weight loss continues. I hope to get rid of my "muffin" soon :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's called Muffin Top! It's actually a pretty common term for what you're talking about so I'm surprised you haven't heard of it.

I feel your pain. My hips are a size bigger than my waist and butt so I can never get clothes fit me well. It's frustrating as all get out!

Shannon said...

HOLY COW! Maybe this was one of those things that I don't remember, but I read it somewhere and it stuck in my subconsciousness?!? Nonetheless, it sucks and I'm ready to get rid of it!! Muffin Top! That's AWFUL! haha